Temporary Registration

If you are ill while away from home or if you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one you can receive emergency treatment from the local GP practice as a temporary resident.

You can be registered as a temporary resident for up to three months. This will allow you to be on the local practice list and still remain a patient of your permanent GP.

After three months if you are still staying in the area and require ongoing care you would need to permanently register with that practice.

To register as a temporary patient simply contact the local practice you wish to use.

We operate a rota for temporary residents with Hoad Medical Practice here at the health centre, so you may be asked to register with them. 

You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.